This is the french word meaning “appetizer” and the correct spelling is “hors d’oeuvres” (pronounced or-DURV)
Hors d’oeuvres are the food items served before the main course of a meal and may be served at the table, as a part of the sit-down meal, or they may be served before sitting at the table. With countless recipes including olives, pigs-in-a-blanket, deviled eggs, cheeses, cocktail weiners, dumplings, and bruschetta. Hors d’oeuvres are served prior to a meal can either be stationary or passed. Stationary hors d’oeuvre are also referred to as “table hors d’oeuvres”. Passed hors d’oeuvres are also referred to as “butler-style” or “butlered” hors d’oeuvres.
Most Common Related Questions to Hors d’oeuvres:
What is the difference between Hors d’oeuvre and a Canapé?
A canapé can be somewhat distinguished from hors d’oeuvres because they are often served during cocktail hours, it is often desired that a canapé be either salty or spicy, in order to encourage guests to drink more. A canapé may also be referred to as finger food, although not all finger foods are canapés.
What is the difference between Hors d’oeuvres and Antipasto?
Antipasto (plural antipasti), means “before the meal” and is the traditional first course of a formal Italian meal. Traditional antipasto includes cured meats, olives, roasted garlic, pepperoncini, mushrooms, anchovies, artichoke hearts, various cheeses (such as provolone or mozzarella) and peperone (marinated small green bell peppers, not to be confused with pepperoni). The antipasto is usually topped off with olive oil. Many compare antipasto to hors d’oeuvres, but antipasto is served at the table and signifies the official beginning of the Italian meal. It may be referred to as a starter, or an entrée outside the United States and English Canada.
What is a Smörgåsbord?
A smörgåsbord is a Swedish cold table entrée whose many specialities have been the origin of several common items in the usual array of canapés, such as smoked and fresh fish, gravlax, and various caviars. It is similar to the zakuski of Russian cuisine.
If you have any suggestions to add please send an email to greyorgraysite[at] gmail dot com.
Table of Contents:
What are the Most Commonly Asked Questions?
• What is the longest word in the english language?
• How do you spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?
• How do you spell horderves?
• How do you spell antidisestablishmentarianism?
• How do you spell gorgeous?
• How to get fit fast?
• What are carbohydrates?
• What is love?
• How to get back ex back?
• What is my ip address?
• What is a good credit score?
• What is twitter and how does it work?
• What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?
• What are capers?
• Why are manhole covers round?
• What is the best cutting board material?
• Is a tomato a fruit or vegetable?
• Is a potato a vegetable?
• What are the 7 wonders of the world?
• What are the seven deadly sins?
• What are the ten commandments?
• What is the best makeup?
• What is the smelling cologne for men?
• What is the smelling perfume for women?
• Once twice thrice what comes next?
• What are the most common job interview questions?
Please retweet and share
if you find this Resource useful
Bookmark This Page!
We hope you find our eBay Misspellings Tool helpful! Our tool was specially developed at our readers request and will help you find all types of misspelled ebay items by searching for ebay missepelled auctions using commonly misspelled words and most commonly searched for items.